Going on vacation? Going to visit family? Looking for a place for your Greyhound to stay while you’re gone? Look no further! We do offer “Camping” services for our adopters! Your hound will hardly know you’re gone while they get to play!
You will simply need to :
1. Call ahead and set up a date to bring your hound – Drop off and pick up times are Monday – Saturday 10am – 3pm PLEASE NOTE - DROP OFF AND PICK UP FOR BOARDING IS DONE AT OUR NEW ADOPTION OFFICE LOCATED AT THE MAIN TRACK BUILDING. We apologize, we are unable to do Sunday drop off and pick ups.
2. Hounds are welcome to stay as long as needed for a minimum donation of $10.00 per day per hound. These donations help us with our broken leg surgeries, seniors and heartworm positive hounds, so if you wish to donate more, the hounds encourage and thank you for it! Average broken leg hounds recoveries and heart worm treatments often range $1,000 or more. Your additional donations are greatly needed and appreciated more than most folks realize!
3. Bring your own hounds food (prevents upset tummies). We can provide our Diamond High Energy for your hound at $2.00 per day.
4. Let us know if you want your hound to get a dose of Capstar flea killer before leaving - $5.00 per hound (we are a shelter/rescue facility and though we strive to have a no-flea facility, even our best efforts are sometimes a struggle)
5. Let us know if you want your hound to get a dose of a general dewormer (Panacur) before leaving at $5.00 per hound.
7. If you would like your hound bathed prior to going home, you may set up a spa appointment. Baths are $15.00 per hound and manicures are $10.00. Please set up the spa and manicure appointment at the time of your drop off so that the staff may have your hound ready before they go home.
8. If your hound was adopted prior to January 1st, 2016, you may have your Greyhound microchipped with a lifetime enrollement. Microchipping is $25.00, and we will happily do that for you while your Greyhound is camping with us.
Please do not bring your hounds bedding or personal belongings, as it could accidentally get damaged or mixed in with ours.
The Alabama Greyhound Rescue and Adoption Center 1000 John Rogers Drive Birmingham, AL 35210 (205) 833-6654 AGRACStaff@gmail.com Monday through Saturday 10am to 2pm Visiting by appointments only